Brazilian Summer Fete
THIS HAS GOT TO HAVE BEEN THE BEST SUMMER FETE-EVER!
Thank you to all those who supported the school by attending this marvelous event.
Today (Mon 9th June) in assembly, the children had the opportunity to share what they felt were some of the highlights from the day. These included…
- Performances from Hazumba- Thank you Robin Lurie
- A Capoeira display which is a Brazilian martial art that combines elements of dance
- Music from an authentic live Brazilian band with singers
- Dancers dressed in Brazilian carnival costumes
- Parade of masks decorated by our children and competition
- A huge inflatable assort course
- A bouncy Castle
- A variety of fun games including Shoot the Teacher, Hook a Duck, Knocking over cans and coconuts, Looking for gold, quizzes and making bands
- Delicious food made by our parents which included authentic Brazilian recipes
- Pizzas kindly donated by Papa Johns in Palmers Green
- Snacks such as popcorn and candyfloss
- Hot and cold drinks, including homemade Pimms and Rum Punch
- Face painting
- Gardening Stall run by the wonderful gardening team who maintain the wildlife garden, plants and growing corner in the school.
- Fruit kebabs created by a very talented and artistic parent
- Home made baked goods such as cakes and biscuits- thank you your contributions
- Henna body art and Toy master stall- thank you to the external stall holders
- Penalty Shoot out run by Elite Feet Football training- www.elitefeetfootball.co.uk
- Tennis game/competition- thanks to Josh & Ben from Mayfield Tennis Club www.ph-tennis.co.uk
- Sponge the Teacher- thanks to Miss Ross, Miss McGovern, Miss Vincent and Mr Hancox
- A variety of other stalls selling various items like precious stone/rocks, cards, bags, jewllery, toys, etc
- Books & card Stalls
- Pupil’s selling bands that they had made themselves (half of which was raised went to charity)
- Water fights- pupils v teachers
- Bench areas so that you could relax and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere and weather
With the support of parents, staff, pupils and help of our sponsor www.anthonywebb.co.uk we were able to raise an INCREDIBLE £8,500 profit for the school.
Once again, thank you to all those who volunteered to help on the stalls. As always we need more parent helpers as some people got stuck on a stall for the whole 4 hours and were unable to enjoy the fantastic event with their families.